Saturday, March 18, 2006

"I dreamt a friend was showing me how to make sounds with this strange instrument, and the sounds were interesting to me. The rhythms were very different from classical rhythms...they were built differently. There were crescendos, vibrations felt by my being, felt like energy, not good, not bad. The Teacher was demonstrating how to use the instrument. He was using the palms of his hands to manipulate the instrument. He was sliding his palms up and down the strings, instead of across. He was also moving his palms in a circular motion, at the same time. It seemed to be going slow at first, then built up to fast, then it would be going slow and fast, at once, and everything in between. By the end of the experience, it seemed the rhythms disappeared, and the sound was sustained without pause.
At the same time, the rhythms blended with the tones and pitches, and they were very different also. I could hear them, but they didn’t make sense at first. I couldn’t remember hearing them before. The pitches started at a lower vibration, and accelerated to a higher vibration, and I thought of a pyramid, with the lower tones at the base, and the highest tones at the tip. I couldn’t measure it against a 440 vibration. It wasn’t like sound as I know it, though there were similarities. At some point the energy was very loud and intense, and then came vivid colors-red, purple, blue, green, gold, silver, crystal, like jewels tones. I especially liked the green color. It matched an emotional feeling and I wanted to look at it, it felt good to look at it. The colors took on different images, first like a treasure chest full of large jewels with brilliant light radiating together with the color of the jewels, like they were beautiful and radiant colors. My attention was focused on the colors, more than the sound for awhile.
The sound was sustained, but subsided because my attention was turned to the colors. Then the colors matched the sounds, and became symbols, not images. The sounds and the colors matched in vibration, it was like I was seeing the music, and hearing the colors."

Katherine's Dream

2 Comments:

Blogger pilgrimchick said...

Very cool.

18 March, 2006 22:08  
Blogger Tracy said...

Check out the interpretation at www.krischronicles.com The Colour of Sound transcript, January 2006.

Very cool, indeed!

Tracy

24 March, 2006 10:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home